Oxycise!    OxyChat Message Room    OxyChat Message Room  Hop To Forum Categories  Share Your Progress and Success    Does Oxycise work more quickly on a lower carb diet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Oxycise work more quickly on a lower carb diet?
 Login/Join

Picture of Robin
posted
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm experiencing. While on a low carb diet, my Oxycising seems to work even better! I guess I'm really "doing the burn" -- burning more fat through O-cising, since I'm not burning as many carbs. Anyway, I'm really pleased with my progress and feel great. I expect to have my fibromyalgia diagnosis overturned in March, since I'm now without pain, am taking no medications and sleep fine.

Posts: 7 | Location: Leawood, Kansas, USA | Registered: December 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, sounds like your doing great!
HOw long have you been pain free? HOw long have you been O!ing?

I haven't changed my diet. But I am eating healthier now I'm feeling better!

Why should we refuse the happiness this hour gives us,
because some other hour might take it away?
--John Hobbes

Posts: 69 | Location: Roosevelt, Utah, USA | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I would have expected that O! would absolutely work better on lower carbs.

Have you cut all carbs? Which carbs are you still consuming? I'm looking for tips - it's been hard for me to significantly lower my carb level, even though I am still trying (did it before for 3 weeks and lost weight and felt AMAZING/High Energy. Any extra info. you can share on lowering the ole carb cravings?

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EllieMae
posted Hide Post
MB:
There is an interesting viewpoint on the low carb thing on www.radiantrecovery.com The originator of the program is a nutritionist who has a PhD in Addictive Nutrition. (I think I have all the credentials right). She emphasizes SLOW carbs vs. low carbs. It's worth a peek.

Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer...Romans 12:12

Posts: 34 | Location: USA | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just started O two weeks ago and haven't seen a change except 1/4 inch chest and 1/2 inch on breast no change in diet,i'm 67 yrs old and want to know will this really help me loose the 35lbs i need to shed.Thanks,.

Posts: 1 | Location: new york state | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlueEyes
posted Hide Post
Have just finished L1 & L2 for the day thinking of starting the abs today L2 a bit mild Frown
Jay you said no change but you lost an inch here & there. Thats great keep up the O it will all happen gradual as we all have different bodies. I lost 10 lb. the 1st month & now i am at a stand still. But I am really toning up. i love the results for sure.
Robin good for you.
To everyone else have a great day and keep breathing Big Grin

Posts: 174 | Location: Spring Hill Florida | Registered: January 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jadaines
posted Hide Post
That is good progress in just 2 weeks. I would love to be one of those people who lose weight without changing diet-- but I am not--I have to cut back on food intake. And Oxycise gives me a weightloss boost, toned muscles, and more energy than I have ever had. So my advice is--cut back some on food intake, and continue oxycising! Good luck, and don't give up!

Jennifer Smile

Posts: 820 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have made a huge change in my life by not eating white flour and refined sugar and no fat free foods...along with O! the fat is sliding off!!! The slow carbs someone mentioned earlier is eating on the glycemic index and I have a GREAT book on that by Sandra Woodruff, M.S., R.D. "The Good Carb Cookbook: Secrets of EAting Low on the Glycemic Index" incase anyone wants to eat a lot of food and feel wonderful and not gain weight.

Posts: 1333 | Location: Gimli, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: May 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Kirstine
posted Hide Post
Had to jump in and comment on this thread...

For those who are following Jill's optional "Fuel for Success" eating plan along with Oxycise!, you realize that Jill recommends lots of natural carbs (as in fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, whole grains and -- sparingly -- raw nuts and seeds.)

The carbs that she recommends cutting back on are pastries, cookies, processed and refined foods, sugars, etc.

(Not all carbs are bad!)

Posts: 708 | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Susie>
posted
I have to agree with Julie about all carbs are not bad. I tried the low carb diet and with dissapointment down the road every time. All the weight lost comes back if you don't stick to it. Eating healthy, with fruits and vegetables (complex carbs) is the only way for me. I eat very little meat, you could almost say I am a vegetarian. I have been doing O for 4 years off and on, have tried many other exercise programs and have not found anything that measures up to O. I used to be a Jazzercise instructor and I have to say that 45 min. of intense exercise IS EQUAL to the 15-20 min of Oxycise. I am doing level 2 and finally going to order 3. Didn't even know there was other levels out there !! And love the oxychat!

Susie

Reply With QuoteReport This Post